March 28, 2011

Hook, Line, and Sinker


Does that picture grab your attention?

I tell you what, it grabbed mine! I saw the front of this house on Julia's blog, Hooked On Houses, and the moment I saw it, my jaw dropped. I was hooked. Seriously. I couldn't wait to see more!

As it turns out, this house was built by a company called Clay Chapman Architecture, and from what I've seen on their website, they build houses I dream about! While they probably cost a bazillion dollars, they have the most beautiful architecture I've seen in current homes.

This particular house is called The Elias House, and I just had to give you a peek at the online tour. It has the beautiful craftsman architecture I just can't get enough of.

The porch is what drew me into this house to start with. The brick columns and archways are stunning. I love the brown wood door and hanging lanterns, and the potted flowers are so charming!


The porch roof is covered in wood planks with wood beams. It compliments the brick beautifully.


The gables of the house are covered in cedar shake siding (which I adore) and I love how the eaves under the roof line are exposed. Even the chimney has a stunning design to it.


The back of the house has a great deck and walk-out basement. Perfect for entertaining. The brick is arched above the basement windows to add even more detail.


The Kitchen, Dining Room, and even a Hearth room are all open to each other. I love the coffered ceiling in the kitchen. Another great space for entertaining guests.


For a little kitchen detail, here's an up-close picture of the cabinets. Although I normally prefer the painted-cabinet-look, these stained cabinets are gorgeous. I love how they paired white crown molding with the wood cabinets and beams. And there appears to be a butlers pantry through that doorway.


This picture is looking from the kitchen to the hearth room beside it. Check out how the brick is stacked to make a seating area right by the fireplace opening. I would love to sit there on cold winter nights. And those high windows add extra light to the space.


The dining room detail is also beautiful with the white board and batten moldings and transom windows above the doorways.


Here is a preview of one of the bedrooms. I love the windows in this house with the different sizes paired together.

The bedroom also features a built-in bookcase, high molding above the door frames, and more transom windows. Again I like the pairing of the wood doors with the white trim.

The master bath is perfect. Who would complain with this as your bathroom?


Here is a detailed picture of one of the coffered ceilings in the house...

...and a set of the custom sized windows in the house. The nice thing about having high windows is that you can still have privacy and wall space for furniture but not lose much light.


Isn't that house to die for? I wish I could tour it in person. Amazing.

Want to see more of this house plus some other beauties? Check out Clay Chapman Architecture's website to see more pictures like this...


...and this...


...and this...



...I could go on forever. Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.