April 18, 2011

Spring Up!

I spent a little time this weekend re-decorating our dining room for spring. I figured the Winter/Christmas decor was a little outdated at this point (duh). I wanted to freshen up the room using mostly what I already had on hand (aka on the cheap). So, I brought all kinds of decorating options into the room and then played around with it until I was mostly happy with the outcome.

Here are 2 "before" pictures from winter...


(I did get winter pictures added to those frames. I just forgot to take a pic. Oops!)


And here are some new spring pictures using my favorite colors - blue and yellow...


...the blue is more of an aqua-blue to coordinate with the tone of the "blue" ceiling, but you get the idea.


I bought the yellow plates a few years ago at Marshall's (I think). I only have 4 of them. My mother-in-law gave me the smaller blue plates (also a set of 4). The white pitcher was a Christmas gift from Target a few years ago (they still sell it and I use it all the time for decorating. I love it. I actually plan to get some dried pussy willow branches to put in it for more spring flare.


The flower art was bought at a Bed, Bath, & Beyond-type place many years ago. The white S&P shakers are part of my large Pfaltzgraff dish collection. And lastly, the little glass pineapple taper holders are from Williams-Sonoma.


On the opposite wall, I added a few nail-holes and hung items with white ribbon. I put plate hangers on the plates in order to loop the ribbon through the plate hangers and hang them from a nail in the wall. The Amazing Grace sign at the top of the wall was purchased at Hobby Lobby a few years ago. It already had 2 nail hangers mounted to the back of it. So, I looped the ribbon through those.


I took the winter pictures out of the 2 pewter frames and created some DIY shell art to go inside them. Then I hung the frames vertically. The middle shelf has a glass vase - which will be filled with fresh flowers very soon (and the flowers will reflect in the mirror) - and there are 2 white birdie S&P shakers on either side of the vase (from Pier1).


The table contains my only purchase for the season - a new yellow paisley tablecloth by Ralph Lauren. I purchased it on sale at Marshall's a few weeks ago for $19.99. It was love at first sight, I tell ya.


The jute table runner is from Pottery Barn. A great sale purchase a few months back. I will use this all the time. The napkin holder is also from PB. And there are 2 more birdie S&P shakers.

I tried to keep the design of the room really simple and fresh. I will change it up again once summer arrives in a month or so. But this will do for now.

What have you been doing to invite Spring into your home? Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.